Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Continued Learning

Sorry it has been a while since we have been able to blog. Every time I feel I understand something, something happens that reminds me that I surely don't know the whole story!

Gas lines are still crazy and the cost of fuel is about $7.50 USD per gallon! I don't know how people continue to drive. Strike after strike is occurring, I don't think the people realize the effects on the economy. A Band (strike) day means no school, little work for many, and less goods coming in from India....so higher prices.

On the business side of things we have been learning quite a bit and have had two very informational meetings with two of the three members and founders of Dhaka Weaves. Their information has been very helpful for understanding the full picture of Dhaka Weaves. We have also been discussing management, pricing, ordering, and other business systems that need to be in place with Ratna, Bindu and others involved with Dhaka Weaves.

I now have to get going because the email place is closing. I will try to get more pictures up and please, any recommendations or suggestions are welcomed!
Thanks for keeping up with us!

No comments: